The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been steady. The inventory of homes should start decreasing within the next few months as we head into the Fall/Winter season. The market should remain steady in the next few months and home values should continue to slowly increase as long as interest rates remain low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $438,500 in August 2017, compared to $445,000 during August 2016.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 78 in August 2017 vs. 73 homes sold in August 2016.
– There were 92 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 79 South Lake Tahoe, CA homes for sale that are under contract which represents 36% of the overall 217 available inventory of homes for sale.
– Average days on the market: 70
– From the 217 homes listed during June, 2 of them were a foreclosure and 1 of them were short sales.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1991 Aloha Drive, selling for $2,795,000. Lakeviews and wide West Channel location set this Tahoe Keys home apart from others. Its exceptionally large dock will accommodate any luxurious yacht plus several water toys. This home has been pridefully maintained by a fun loving family. The rooftop deck provides magnificent 360 degree views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly Valley and the surrounding picturesque mountains. This home was built in 2015 and is a 4 bedroom / 4 bath / 2 car garage home.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this year was 3748 Osgood Avenue, listed for $150,000. This is a very old cabin that is either a knock down or very very extensive rehab, right in the middle of town with open space in front. This home was built in 1957 and has 2 bedroom / 1 bath / 5009 Sq Ft Lot.
This Month’s Must See
The choice for August's must-see home of the month is 7255 Sierra Pines Road, Echo Lakes CA listed at $1,688,000. The ultimate alpine estate, gracefully set upon a dramatic 17-acre site where sophisticated living combines with the tranquil yet rugged Sierras. From the front gate begins a winding drive framed in towering pines that first passes a generous guest house adorned in a deluge of custom woodwork, warm spaces and an inviting loft. 3 stories of thoughtful design include a sunken great room with see-thru fireplace, ample space for gaming & theater options as well as spacious suites. A truly unparalleled property! That’s what makes this our pick for “Must See Home of August” This home was built in 2017 and has 6 bedrooms / 6 baths / 750,931 Sq Ft.
Before you go; checkout the properties below for an updated list of all the homes for sale in Tahoe: